July 2017: The PPC is asking for pledges from $100.00 to $5,000.00 to raise $35,000.00 for the construction of 4-6 new courts. A pledge sheet will be available online sometime in the future.
Past PPC Relevant Information that relates to Court Fundraising:
- Penticton City Council Motion 8.4 Pickleball Court Development 88-93 Staff Recommendation: THAT Council approve the development of 4 Pickleball courts in 2015 on a portion of 2965 South Main Street; AND THAT Council approve the future development of up to 4 additional courts (for a total of 8) adjacent the courts noted above subject to a funding contribution from the Penticton Pickleball Association; AND THAT Council approve the allocation of the SILGA* grant in the amount of $10,000 to be utilized to fund a portion of the development of Pickleball courts; AND FURTHER THAT staff continue to work with the Penticton Pickleball Association on funding partnerships for future Pickleball amenity development. *SILGA - Southern Interior Local Government Association.
- Executive Meeting of October 16th, 2015
- A contingency bank account was opened. Funds donated for future court expansion will be put in this account.
- Spring 2016. Penticton Recreation Centre (on behalf of the City) recommended that we put $10.00 per member in our contingency fund in return for our $10.00/member/season rate.
- Fall 2016 AGM -- a motion was passed to raise the fees to $75.00 with $35.00 going into the contingency fund for future court expansion.
- 2017 Indoor for Outdoor Tournament raised $2063.00 for the outdoor courts.
- May 31, 2017 Community Gaming Grant applied for in the amount of $20,000.00. Not successful.
- Grant: BC Via Sports Participation grant in the amount of $2000.00 was received from the Province of BC through the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development and administered by ViaSport British Columbia. Monies were used for equipment purchases.
- 2015 Tournament "Indoor for Outdoor" raised $4500.00 for the PPC
2. 55+ Summer Games gift: 320 Balls, 2 portable nets, and four paddles
Chairperson: Kim ColemanCommittee Members: Mark Tamblyn; Gary Gerlich